The IRS field agents in Tennessee raided rapper Young Buck’s home in an attempt to recover $300,000 in taxes. The entertainer, whose real name is David Darnell Brown, had earlier filed court motions to put his assets out of reach of the IRS but the IRS agents had acted nonetheless. They confiscated Brown’s recording equipment, his platinum wall plaques, jewelry, furniture and even his children’s Playstation.
In a statement, Brown said, “The worst part of this isn't the material stuff — that will all be replaced. It's what it does to the people around me. They took my kids' PlayStation, my assistants' computers, and my baby's mothers' jewelry. They took my home studio so I can't even record.”
After complaining about how the IRS had taken his ‘baby’s mother’s jewelry’, Brown started to pass the buck (no pun intended) on to his support team. According to him, he entrusted his finances to his lawyers, accountants and managers and did not concern himself with these matters, which resulted in his tax delinquency. The rapper has since replaced his support team and is ‘paying full attention now’ according to his statement.
“Nothing like this will ever happen again,” vowed Brown in his statement. “This is a huge wake-up call for all entertainers to stay on top of your own trusted employees and team members, and replace anyone that was put in place by your record label if the situation you have goes sour. This IRS situation came about because I trusted accountants, lawyers and managers to handle my business for me while I focused on making music”. According to the rapper, he was fully able to repay his tax debts but apparently refused to do so.
Brown is a former member of the hip hop group based in New York City, G-Unit and was contracted with G-Unit Records before switching to Cashville Records. Young Buck’s album sales have hit platinum figures in sales.
In another unrelated action involving celebrities, the IRS filed a Notice of Federal Tax Lien earlier this month against actor and comedian Chris Tucker of ‘Rush Hour’ fame to recover $11 million in unpaid taxes.
If you are facing issues with the IRS or are simply unable to resolve your tax problems, call us at (813) 229-7100 for a free consultation or visit http://www.getirshelp.com.
Darrin T. Mish is a veteran, nationally recognized tax attorney who has focused on providing IRS help to taxpayers for over a decade. He regularly travels the country training other attorneys, CPAs and enrolled agents on how to handle their toughest cases with the IRS. He is highly ranked among the top attorneys in the country, with an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell and a perfect 10 on Avvo.com. Martindale-Hubbell has also honored him with a listing in their Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers. He is a member of the American Society of IRS Problem Solvers and the Tax Freedom Institute. With clients on every continent but Antarctica, he has what it takes to solve your IRS problems no matter where you live in the world. If you would like more information about his practice and how he can help you, please call his office at (813) 229-7100 or toll free at 1-888-GET-MISH.
- Google AdWords and Your Home Based Business Advertising
- MissInfo.tv » New Music: Young Jeezy “Death Before Dishonor …
- California Legislature Passes Resolution Calling on the IRS to …
- A Republican Senator Thinks the Gas Tax Should Be Raised, and You …
- WaPo Fails Tax Policy 101 | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.
- Platinum Jewelry
- Irs Debt Help: 5 Options To Getting Rid Of Tax Debt | PdxPole.com
- Tom & Jerry Keyframe Animation | Internet 9 Blog's
- Rapper YelaWolf Talks Stereotypes In New Interview « Honey Magazine
- IRS Tax Attorneys- Skills To Look For in an IRS Tax Attorney …
- Daniel Henney and Lee Na-young share a kiss « Dramabeans
- Dior Girl » Are Young Models in Great Demand?
- Home designmom.com – www.designmom.com
- Video: The Briefest Of Looks At Call Of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer
- Review: Orb Home Theater Speakers
- 2010 American Eagle Platinum Proof Coin Available August 12 : Coin …
- Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home Network Storage System Review
- Verizon, Google issue joint statement on net-neutrality « Boy …
- » Ten Ways to Greenify Your Home Right Now
- 2 YEAR OLD RAPPER – VS BARACK OBAMA – Barack Obama Videos