Continuing With the List of Top 20 Celebrity Tax Debtors:
- Another rapper who owes the IRS is Xzibit, whose outstanding tax bill comes up to $1 million. Most of Xzibit’s tax problems arise from the cancellation of Pimp My Ride by MTV in 2007.
- Lil Wayne was charged for drug possession while in prison and pleaded guilty to avoid additional jail time. The IRS recently filed a $1.1 million lien against the star.
- Fresh is known as the pioneer of hip-hop. In the 1980’s he inspired the dance steps that started the summer dance craze ‘The Dougie’. He has some $2 million in unpaid taxes and the IRS has filed a lien against him.
- Jean, the Haiti presidential aspirant, is in debt to the IRS by about $2.1 million. The musician was recently disqualified from running for Haiti president because of the length of time he has as a Haitian resident.
- The music producer husband of singer Alicia Keys collected 35 tax liens in 3 states between 2003 and 2010. He owes the IRS $2.4 million in taxes.
- The ‘Blade’ actor has been incarcerated for tax evasion after losing his appeal and is currently in the minimum-security federal prison camp in Bradford, Pennsylvania. He owes the IRS about $2.7 million
- Husband of Jennifer Lopez (they married in 2004), Anthony is in debt to the IRS by about $3.4 million. The IRS has recently filed a tax lien against him. However, Anthony has subsequently announced that he has settled his tax debt with the IRS.
- Tucker, best known for his role in the ‘Rush Hour’ movies alongside Jackie Chan, is reported to owe the IRS $11.5 million in taxes from the years 2001-2001, 2004-2006.
- Academy award-winning actor Cage said his tax problems stem from his business and financial management personnel who were negligent in handling his money for him. He owes the IRS about $14 million but Cage told People Magazine last year that he has now engaged a new business management team and is now current in his tax payments for 2009. He has also pledged to pay up all delinquent taxes including any future determined state taxes.
- Francis, the owner of the ‘Girls Gone Wild’ franchise is in debt by about $30 million after not paying his taxes for the years 2001-2003