Innocent Spouse Relief Attorney in Tampa
Protect Your Family
Entering into a marriage brings a lot of tax benefits, but it also holds both partners accountable when tax problems arise. Ignoring notices from the IRS will only hurt your case, so seek guidance from a Tampa tax attorney who can help you out of this situation.
We understand that this is a very stressful time for you and your family – that's why we am committed to doing everything we can to help. We have been in your place and can relate to what you are going through, which helps us be of greater service to you.
What Is Innocent Spouse Relief?
When you file a joint tax return with your spouse, you are legally liable for the taxes due on that return as well as any subsequent interest or penalties that accrue.
You may be able to protect yourself from penalties by seeking innocent spouse relief if:
- You are widowed
- You are divorced
- You are separated from your spouse
- Your spouse committed questionable actions on the tax return
You may be eligible for innocent spouse relief if:
- Your tax deficiency was a result of your spouse's false claims or deductions
- You were not aware that your spouse did not file your taxes honestly when you signed the tax return
- You thought your spouse had paid the taxes due
- Your spouse forged your signature
- Your spouse earned money through an illegal activity
- You were separated or divorced from your spouse during the tax year in question
How The Law Offices of Darrin T. Mish, P.A. Can Help
If the IRS is seeking taxes from you because of a spouse’s mistake or fraud, it is important to act fast. The IRS enforces that individuals request innocent spouse relief no more than two years after their first attempt to collect the tax.
If you believe you may be a candidate for innocent spouse relief, our firm can help. We are experienced Tampa tax attorney who have helped countless clients avoid harsh punishments from the IRS. Let us help you find the right solution for you and your family.
My initial meeting with Darrin was reassuring, hopeful and non-judgmental.- MCM
The peace of mind alone, was worth it!- CC
We left our first meeting feeling like there was hope!- GB
I could tell right away that I went to the right person!- SC
Everyone including Attorney Mish is respectful and helpful!- RK E.